The Foundation’s Board meets twice a year, typically in late February and late August. Requests are reviewed by the board and need to be submitted at least a month prior to any meeting. (We recommend submitting applications by January 1 for the February meeting and July 1 for the August meeting.) Any in-person presentations will be decided on a case-by-case basis. Please direct Foundation inquiries to the address on our contact page.
The Foundation’s Mission
The purpose of the Schurz Communications Foundation, Inc. is to provide assistance for capital and endowment campaigns for non-profit organizations in the communities served by the local operations owned by Schurz Communications, Inc. The majority of our efforts will focus on the areas of education, the arts, and human services.
- Impact in one of the foundation’s areas of focus – education, the arts, and human services.
- Impact with St. Joseph County, Indiana, and surrounding areas.
- Proof of 501 (c) (3) designation and Federal Tax ID
Proposals can be submitted online if your organization meets the Foundation’s guidelines.
Begin your application by downloading the Grant Application Form HERE
Once you complete the application form, please click the “Apply Now” button below and include the completed application along with the following:
- ORGANIZATION BUDGET FOR THE YEAR TO COME
- ANNUAL BUDGET FOR THE IMMEDIATE PAST YEAR
- BOARD LIST (including contact information)
- OTHER FUNDING SOURCES AND AMOUNTS
- IRS DETERMINATION LETTER
- ANNUAL REPORT/TREASURER’S REPORT FOR IMMEDIATE PAST YEAR
- ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION AND BYLAWS
- PRINCIPAL PUBLICATIONS FOR THE PAST YEAR
Post Evaluation Report
We look forward to receiving a report on the progress of funded program within one year of the grant application date.